- The completion of the route is a priority for the council
- The new crossing point on Westerleigh Road was due to be completed before Christmas.
- Subject to final approval of the funding, the next significant section, providing an off-road cycle path from the Westerleigh Road crossing to Broad Lane and improving the existing track from Broad Lane to the Dodmoor level crossing, will be implemented in 2015/16. The funding would also cover drawing up plans for the final section.
- Subject to planning, agreements over the lease/purchase of non-Council owned land and the approval of a future funding bid, the aim would be to complete that final section in 2016/17.
- The council continue to look for further funding opportunities that might allow earlier completion of the route.
Although we are close to securing funding for the next section, we still need to get funding for the final section. We are therefore keeping the petition open and will continue to press for the path’s completion.