Thursday 12 February 2015

Further update on Coalpit Heath pre-school and the Manor Hall

Claire Young writes:

When I was contacted about the initial dispute over the contract, I wrote to both parties offering my assistance to bring it to an amicable conclusion. I later made it clear that I would attend any meetings that would help to resolve the problem. When the two parties agreed to go to mediation, I said that everyone should give them the time and the space to complete the process.

Unfortunately the mediation process broke down but despite this eventually the contract was signed. Local residents had been asking me for information on what was happening and when I was told that the contract had been signed I posted that, along with links to a statement from the trustees and to the contact details of both parties.

I was then asked by a third party if I would link to a statement from the owner of Coalpit Heath Pre-School. I said I was happy to link to a statement clarifying what’s going on with the pre-school opening hours etc as I was keen to keep residents informed and suggested that the owner contact me directly to discuss. When I received the statement however, without any further discussion, I was concerned that it quoted private emails, talked about the concerns of a third party and included serious accusations against identifiable individuals. Having taken legal advice, I declined to link to this statement. As I have consistently said, I hope that anyone that has such serious concerns will report them to the appropriate authorities, so they can be fully and properly investigated, rather than making public accusations. If people have complaints about the trustees or their employee, they should first be directed to the trust's official complaints procedure, and if a satisfactory conclusion is not reached, then raised with the Charities Commission.

I remain happy to link to a statement from the pre-school on factual matters. I can make myself available to discuss this with people further if they wish.

No comments: